Not to brag, but I always get told I make the best cookies. Making amazing cookies isn't all about the recipe though, technique is what makes a good recipe great. Read on for my 5 tips to make perfect cookies every time! | This post contains affiliate links |
5 Tips for Perfect Cookies:
- Sift - Make sure to sift all your dry ingredients. Doing this breaks up any clumps of flour or baking soda, combines everything evenly, and helps make your cookies light and fluffy.
- Parchment Paper - Always line your cookie sheet with parchment paper, this is key to getting the cookie bottoms that perfect light golden brown. If you're planning on doing several batches of cookies make sure to round the corners of the parchment with some scissors first, as the sharp corners of the paper can start to burn after a few times in the oven.
- Cookie Scoop - A cookie scoop is probably one of the best little investments you'll make in the kitchen and I don't know how I ever lived without mine. Using a cookie scoop ensures you get uniform-sized cookies every time and makes the whole process of getting your cookies ready for the oven go so much faster.
- Time - Always bake your cookies for the lower suggested time. Cookies that are just cooked all the way through make for the softest, chewiest cookies. If they aren't cooked in the middle yet you can always put them back in for another minute or two, but it's best to start with the lowest time.
- Bread Trick - Accidentally over-cook the cookies? Forget to cover them on the counter? Believe it or not, the magical solution for over-cooked or stale cookies is just a slice of sandwich bread and a big ziplock. Put all the cookies in a gallon ziplock bag, throw in a slice of bread, seal, and leave for a few hours - the cookies will get softer as the bread gets staler. Magic!
Looking for a yummy new cookie recipe? Be sure to check out my recipe for Grandma Dot's Apple Cookies!
Alright, now go make some amazing cookies (and share some with me, please?)